Managing your email is a snap with cPanel and Webmail. Simply follow the simple steps below and you are on your way to having total control over your email.
- Intended Audience: Clients with maintenance agreement for hosting
- Objective: Demonstrate how to create, edit and delete email accounts
- Critical Information: This does not show HOW to set-up your email accounts. Please refer to an earlier post for that information.
Step 1. Login to Webmail using your entire email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org. To get to the login screen navigate your browser to http://yourdomainnamehere.com/webmail.
Step 2. Start managing your email services. Use the icons along the bottom of the Webmail home page to
- read and send email
- change your password
- forward your email
- set autoresponders
- configure email
- set-up email box trapper
- set-up email filtering
Step 3. Set-up to receive your email on your device and email clients such as Outlook, Blackberry, and iPhone. Since this information changes with each new release of the email software or device I have provided several links below that have current and detailed information. Please note you must be logged into cPanel to watch the Video Tutorials referenced below.
- How to configure an e-mail account in Outlook Express
If you have an email account set up on the server, you may want to configure Outlook or Outlook express to send/receive email from this email address.
- Setting Up Email for the Apple iPhone
Help configuring your iPhone to access your email
- Setting Up Email for the Blackberry
You can definitely set up your Blackberry to use email. You may have to re-register your device with your wireless network. Its very easy to do this. Click the Blackberry button > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Click the Blackberry
- Specialized Help with Email by cPanel
Help with all sorts of issues, problems, and instructions with cPanel Webmail
Watch this video for more information