Configure Email for Outlook
Be sure to replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain name.
- Your/Display name: anything you want
- Email address: enter the full address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Type of connection: POP3 or IMAP
- Incoming mail server: mail.yourdomain.com
- Outgoing mail server: mail.yourdomain.com
- Outgoing mail server does require authentication.
- Incoming mail port: 110 for POP3, 143 for IMAP
- Outgoing mail port: 25 (If 25 does not work, try 26, as some ISPs block port 25)
** No SSL boxes should be checked **
Note: If you want a secure connection using SSL, please refer to the related article.
- Username/Account name: must be the full email address (email@example.com).
- Sometimes this setting won’t work until you replace the @ with a + in the username.
- Password: the email password. Do NOT use SPA (secure password authentication).
To see a step-by-step tutorial on how to configure Outlook 2003/2007:
Outlook 2010 is exactly the same as other versions of Outlook, but finding the settings is slightly different. Just go to File > Info > Account Settings. Next, under the Email tab, you can choose New or Change
No Responses to “Configure Email for Outlook”
Leave a Reply
- SSL security for clients and patients is often ...
- Graphic design is an essential part of every pi...
- This month I implemented new and improved CMS ...
- CMS Client Training for WordPress®, Drupal®, an...
- I am excited to attend this year’s Seattl...