Be sure to replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain name.
- Your/Display name: anything you want
- Email address: enter the full address (email@example.com)
- Type of connection: POP3 or IMAP
- Incoming mail server: mail.yourdomain.com
- Outgoing mail server: mail.yourdomain.com
- Outgoing mail server does require authentication.
- Incoming mail port: 110 for POP3, 143 for IMAP
- Outgoing mail port: 25 (If 25 does not work, try 26, as some ISPs block port 25)
Note: If you want a secure connection using SSL, please refer to the related article.
- Username/Account name: must be the full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Sometimes this setting won’t work until you replace the @ with a + in the username.
- Password: the email password. Do NOT use SPA (secure password authentication).
To see a step-by-step tutorial on how to configure Outlook 2003/2007: